Looks like it CAN pay off to enter sweeps and contests because you never know when you’ll win the chance of a lifetime, i.e the “Play Like a Giant” experience I won via MetLife Central. During the season they ran a sweeps where they chose a winner per week for different NY Jets AND Giants “experiences,” everything from Coach’s Club tickets to just plain swag.
I won an in-betweeny, and by the looks of it, the opportunity to do something NY Giants fans would GAGA over… the chance to “Play Like a Giant” AT the Timex Performance Center, next door to MetLife Central.
An event MONTHS in the making (because it had to be planned after the SuperBowl if/when the Giants made it,) we finally got the official date last week. We, as in I could bring a guest, @TheKaitMc came with. For the record,
A. I had meant to enter this sweeps for the JETS experience,
and B. yes I tried to pass these along to hard core fans like @OhMy_Jesus and @FEED_MEE but was bound to the T&C of the sweeps that either I went (+1), or nothing.
I could walk you through the entire 2 hours I spent at the Timex Performance Center last night, including how amazing every minute of the 120 mins it was, but that would be an incredibly long blog. So I’ll bullet and tell the story through photos:
– Nice walk to the facility from where my work shuttle was able to leave us:
– First to arrive, sans car, we were able to sit in the lobby… with The Lombardi’s (this years’ hasn’t gone to Tiffany’s yet to be studded out and engraved):
– Sitting in auditorium waiting to get things started with Ottis and Lawrence, oogling at our official NY Giants helmets and yearbooks:
– The gym, enough said. 100+ lb dumbbells all over:
a quick tour:
– Timex Performance Center: time to Play Like a Giant… I ran QB/RB drills LOL:
– Eating Dinner like a NY Giant in their AWESOME cafeteria:
More/all pictures below, and more videos here.
Oh, and just to cap the “experience” for you… OJ & Lawrence autographed almost anything including more swag we got from the Giants/MetLife: Hoodie, long sleeve shirt, official football, the helmets, MetLife Snoopy’s in Giants jersey’s and more. #swagalicious.
*Stay tuned for professional non-crappy pics from MetLife!