My Labor Day Weekend was pretty fantastic, I mean… have you seen my recent instagram posts?
I visited all of the following NYC bars and thankfully made it home safe and in one piece last night, minus my voice. I think I left it at Reunion.
– Manny’s on 2nd (Ohio State football game)
– Off the Rails (post-Ohio State game)
– 13th Step (food! and one more pitcher)
– McQuaids (late night drinks and new friends)
– 123 Burger Shot Beer (pre-game cheap sliders, shots, and drinks)
– Latitude ($5 strong cosmo’s? duh)
– Reunion Surf Bar (you MUST go here if not for just the plastic mermaid in your drink)
Monday (Labor Day!)
– Blockheads (cheap-drinks-late-lunch, yes please)
– Cascabel Taqueria (one more drink before one of the girls had to leave)
– The Gin Mill (1/2 off the entire bar until 8PM – obvi)
Moreover, my 26th year on this earth is proving to be a great one and I can’t get enough. From actually learning that life’s too short to sweat the small stuff, to caring less about spending that money on drinks 3 days in a row because I made amazing memories that I would never take back.
I spent the entire weekend listening to a new song which I have to share with you all. I shall call it my “Song of the end of Summer”. I also kind of want to call it the soundtrack of my (current) life.
Thank you Avicii.
Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can’t tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I’m too young to understand
They say I’m caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don’t open up my eyes
Well that’s fine by me
So wake me up when it’s all over
When I’m wiser and I’m older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn’t know I was lost
I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don’t have any plans
Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life’s a game made for everyone
And love is the prize