Cosmo compiled a lovely short list of annoying Facebook behavior that guys apparently hate. Is Facebook the reason I’m single? Well, I’ve decided to weigh in on the 7 No-No’s which BTW was probably compiled by a bunch of guys that ACTUALLY look like this:
I’ll write GOOD, BAD or OK at the end of my plea to designate whether it’s one of MY bad behaviors, or not.
1. Getting All CIA On Us : “I hate it when chicks turn into ‘spies’ and go digging into your older posts/pictures trying to find dirt, and then ask you about the women they don’t know. It’s as if they’re trying to catch you in some secret affair! Look, if it’s out there for you/all too see, I’m obviously not hiding anything!” –Mike, 32
SUAZ: While I can be stalkerish when I first meet someone- the guy doesn’t normally know though- unless there is blatant evidence of something proving him wrong at the present moment. It’s only right to know- that Facebook, amongst all other social networks, are PUBLIC places to speak. You decide to speak out loud, I decide to listen. So I agree with Mike- but I don’t clean out closets and expose dirty laundry, for no good reason. GOOD
2. Making That Duck Face: “I cannot stand when women post thousands of goofy faced pictures — especially that fake puckered lips pose. It’s sooooo fake. Whatever happened to smiling?” –Cameron, 30
SUAZ: Something like this?
Well, Cameron- I’ve JUST started taking random shots like that- but no where near the thousands of stupid pictures you’re referring too. I may take them in the privacy of my Mac- but they don’t go public, I’m usually uber embarrassed by them and wouldn’t post. Therefore, I barely have many “I’m home bored with a camera” photos- I also don’t have a convenient point and shoot. GOOD
3. Opening The Vault: “No one wants to know how closely your life resembles the Jerry Springer show. Keep all those ugly details to yourself, please!” –Daniel, 34
SUAZ: I can’t deny that I check-in to about 80% of the places I go- and I post curious updates- but I’m never graphic about “ugly details”. I’m a bit over conscious of what people think of me- again too embarrassed to hang my laundry out to dry. GOOD
4. Writing Dude-Hating Status Updates: “It’s a huge downer when women vent about men in their status updates — how we’re all liars and cheaters. It’s just not true! Cut it out, already!” –Al, 25
SUAZ: I think I’ve only done this once or twice- I do more of quoting songs- that are more general (in my head they’re about someone) but because it’s a song- I’m not REALLY venting 🙂 – and again, I don’t do it often. OK
5. Posting Self-Portrait Albums
“I find it really lame when a girl has nothing but pictures of herself on her profile. It makes me think she has no friends. It seems kind of pathetic, and seriously vain.” –Raul, 24
SUAZ: See my response to #2, Duck Face. GOOD
6. Doing Premature Relationship Publicity: “This one girl I was hooking up with changed her main profile picture to be a picture of the two of us together. It was way too soon — and I was still dating other girls, who had a lot of questions after that!” –Mike, 27
SUAZ: Would never- I’ve been very single for a while- the guy would probably do that before me! GOOD
7. Showing “Artsy” Pictures: “What’s with girls posting pictures of their feet these days? Who wants to see gross toes in a picture of a nice pool or an ocean? It makes zero sense.” –Jesse, 28
SUAZ: HA! This is great Jesse! Again, see my response to #2, Duck Face. GOOD
Always a chance their toes look like this… YIKES.
What a relief- here I was thinking I’d have to quite Social media to get into a serious relationship! I did well with all these posts and I’m VERY active on social media.
Thanks Cosmo for the checklist though- at least now I know the limits of annoying FB behavior!
Ladies, how do you fare?