I’m no New York hater, I love my city (and I don’t even live in it.)
To put it lightly, I bleed blue (and green) and totally believe it’s a concrete jungle where dreams are made of. And just as sure as I am of the latter, I am sure lots of NYers like me are aware of the crazy that NYC can be, and while they may not embrace it… I hope they aren’t in denial. I know I am not, but I can be pleasantly surprised. Take last night for example…on the train from crazyville.
I have never sensed so much crazy in one train car, in 40 minutes, to-date.
Here’s an inventory list for your convenience:
– 1 honk-if-you-love-jesus guy giving away a dollar to whoever could guess the “most dangerous job in America” (he really gave the dollar away)
– 1 crazy couple keeping rats as pets…they had blue rats and orange rats…it was quite disturbing
– 1 crazy lady entertaining said rat-couple…I believe they were talking about her ratty looking puppy (that could “sense something was wrong” on the train)
– 1 old man nearly having a heart attack when he saw the rats
– 1 beeper… (really?!)
– 1 group of 4 rowdy Dominicans shouting “hey jesus!” to the white guy on the other side of the train with long Jesus-looking hair
– 2 of the rowdy male Dominicans staring at me…hard
– 1 rowdy Dominican chic braiding one of the male Dominicans’ beard?!
I didn’t write this post last night because I really hoped it was all a dream but then I saw the pics on my phone this morning…it all really happened.